Google
Thursday 
October 18, 2018 

AmosWEB means Economics with a Touch of Whimsy!

AmosWEBWEB*pediaGLOSS*aramaECON*worldCLASS*portalQUIZ*tasticPED GuideXtra CrediteTutorA*PLS
LEARNING: A person's changes in thinking and behavior due to environmental experiences. A consumer learns about products and services based on information input and subsequent adjustments in buying patterns. This is important in the promotion element of the marketing mix. Typically a potential customer requires 6 exposures to a product name in order to develop retention (learning).

Visit the GLOSS*arama


COMPENSATION OF EMPLOYEES:

The official item in the National Income and Product Accounts maintained by the Bureau of Economics Analysis measuring wages earned by the household sector for supplying labor services. This is one of five official factor payments making up national income. The other four are net interest, rental income of persons, corporate profits, and proprietors' income. Compensation of employees is far and away the largest of the five factor payments, typically running about 70 percent of national income.
Compensation of employees includes standard wages and salaries paid directly to employees, as well as assorted fringe benefits (health care, retirement, etc.) paid on behalf of employees to third parties. The official terms for these two components are: (1) wage and salary accruals and (2) supplements to wages and salaries. Wage and salary accruals, as might be expected is the larger of the two, coming in at around 80 percent of total compensation of employees, leaving supplements to wages and salaries at the remaining 20 percent.

Compensation of employees includes more than just the typical wage payments that come to mind when the topic turns to compensating labor. This entry, of course, includes hourly wages paid to factory workers, clerical workers, retail sales clerks, farmhands, fast-food counter help, and other folks who clearly supply labor services to the production of GDP.

But, this entry also includes monthly and annual wages to other folks who DO NOT immediately come to mind when the word labor is mentioned. Examples are the head of a Fortune 500 company, a professional athlete, and a popular motion picture actor. Their salaries might be measured in millions of dollars rather than thousands of dollars, but so long as they are being paid for using their physical and/or mental efforts in production, then their salaries are included in the compensation of employees entry.

<= COMPENSATING WAGE DIFFERENTIALSCOMPETITION =>


Recommended Citation:

COMPENSATION OF EMPLOYEES, AmosWEB Encyclonomic WEB*pedia, http://www.AmosWEB.com, AmosWEB LLC, 2000-2018. [Accessed: October 18, 2018].


Check Out These Related Terms...

     | factor payments | net interest | rental income of persons | corporate profits | proprietors' income | gross domestic income | personal income | disposable income | net domestic product |


Or For A Little Background...

     | national income | gross domestic product | gross domestic product, income | production | resource markets | National Income and Product Accounts | Bureau of Economic Analysis | National Bureau of Economic Research |


And For Further Study...

     | personal income and national income | disposable income and personal income | gross domestic product, expenditures | gross domestic product, ins and outs | gross domestic product, welfare | gross national product | real gross domestic product | business cycles | circular flow | national income and gross domestic product | national income and net domestic product |


Related Websites (Will Open in New Window)...

     | Bureau of Economic Analysis |


Search Again?

Back to the WEB*pedia


APLS

RED AGGRESSERINE
[What's This?]

Today, you are likely to spend a great deal of time at a garage sale hoping to buy either a pair of leather sandals that won't cause blisters or clothing for your kitty cats. Be on the lookout for celebrities who speak directly to you through your television.
Your Complete Scope

This isn't me! What am I?

The standard "debt" notation I.O.U. does not mean "I owe you," but actually stands for "I owe unto..."
"Executives who get there and stay suggest solutions when they present the problems. "

-- Malcolm Forbes, business executive

AR(N)
A nth-order Autoregressive Process
A PEDestrian's Guide
Xtra Credit
Tell us what you think about AmosWEB. Like what you see? Have suggestions for improvements? Let us know. Click the User Feedback link.

User Feedback



| AmosWEB | WEB*pedia | GLOSS*arama | ECON*world | CLASS*portal | QUIZ*tastic | PED Guide | Xtra Credit | eTutor | A*PLS |
| About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement |

Thanks for visiting AmosWEB
Copyright ©2000-2018 AmosWEB*LLC
Send comments or questions to: WebMaster